Assess your property each year between January 1 and May 31 to avoid a late assessment penalty of 10%.
You may assess online Here
or by phone at (870) 425-3453, or in person at our office located at 6 East 7th Street, Mountain Home, Arkansas. Online assessing is available only if you have no
new personal property to add. If you need to add a new item on your assessment you need to call or come in the office. When you assess online
you will have a copy emailed to you by the next business day. When assessing by phone
we will either mail or email you a copy for your records by the next business day.
- Your assessment is based on 20% of the current market value established by the State of Arkansas, then multiplied by the millage rate of the school district that you live.
- Your current year assessment will not be billed to you until the following year.
- Taxes are not pro-rated. You will pay on the personal property that you have listed as of May 31 each year. Please contact our office upon selling any personal property listed on your assessment.
- Examples of items you need to assess include but not limited to: vehicles, boats, campers, motorcycles, jet skis, farm equipment, utility trailers, and airplanes, horses and cattle.
- As of January 1, 1998 a Vehicle Identification Numbers on a newly licensed vehicle is required.
- Any items listed on your assessment after May 31 will not receive a value until January of the following year.
- Approximately 75% of your tax dollars go to the school systems. Your tax statement will show how much your taxes go to each taxing unit.